Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jumping in!

The year I turned 40, it was 105 degrees on my birthday.

It was September and I was miserable. I knew if I didn't get out of the Southern climate, I would go crazy. My husband and I had been looking for land to start a farm in New England for several years at that point. Sweaty and frustrated, I logged onto my laptop, googled "farmland for sale in New York" and pressed 'enter'.

The first link that came up was perfect. By the end of the weekend, we had bought the property sight unseen. Many might call that precipitous, but we were both ready to jump in.


4 comments:

  1. And my mom and I hope to be one of your first visitors on that farm in Upstate NY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo! You're my first commenter!
      Can't wait to have you!!

      Delete
  2. correction... TWO of your first visitors! :-)

    ReplyDelete